Wednesday 22 January 2014

Nivea whitening cell repair and UV protecting moisturising cream

This tub of cream from Nivea has been a savior for my entire family this winter. This a big white coloured tub from the brand which did its job perfectly. Read further to know more.
Nivea is a well known brand in making lip balms, lotions and creams. Everyone has used the cream which came in blue coloured round tub from this brand once in their life. It has a great smell and even does not feel oily at all. This cream is another good work from this brand.

As soon as you open the lid you are greeted with a sweet refreshing smell which does not bother my sensitive nose. Since the tub is used one I lost the silver covering on the lid. The packaging is very simple and fuss free. I like it! Coming to the texture of the cream it is a white coloured cream which is very very light in texture and moisturizes equally well. It did not cause breakouts in my skin. This cream is priced at Rupees 170 for 100ml which is indeed impressive. Well coming to my part I am not a big fan of using moisturizers and cold creams on my face. I have a fear that they will make my skin oily and cause breakouts. That Ayur cold cream has caused me tremendous breakouts. But I trust Nivea somehow. So without second thoughts I applied it.


It felt very light on my skin and did not make it very oily. But the company claims that it has brightening properties which I did not find. It made my skin a bit darker and did not provide that glow which I expected. So my thumbs are down on this part. But the cream as a whole is very smooth. The fragrance lingers for a while around 20 minutes and then it fades off.

Since my skin is not flakey so I am not able to comment on whether it is able to cure skin flakiness. It moisturized well around my eyes and nose area. The tub claims to have camu camu (I don’t know what’s that ) and acerola cherry for skin brightening and also 40X vitamin c which is good for skin. It also claims to provide UV protection but I feel it would have been better if they would have mentioned the amount of UV protection. But I am happy that a cream is providing some UV protection so office goers do not have to worry about sun protection. Also the ingredient list is mentioned in the back of the flip covers which has a long list of ingredients including parabens and glycerin and other chemicals. It kept my skin moisturized for the whole day. I guess it’s a decent cream for the price. It is available at all the departmental stores so availability might not be an issue.


Summing up

Good points about the cream

  • A light moisturizing cream
  • A good cream available at a good price
  • Fuss free travel friendly packaging
  • Keeps skin moisturized for the entire day
  • Contains UV protection so atleast some sun protection is there in a cream. So even if you forget applying your sunscreen, it won’t be much of a problem.
  • Contains vitamin c and glycerin as its ingredients.
  • Available easily


Some not so good points about the cream

  • Long list of harmful chemicals
  • Made my skin a bit dark so the whitening claim is false.
  • Since it’s a tub packaging so I have to dip my hands in the tub so it is not much hygienic to dip your hands evrytime while using
  • Does not mention the amount of UV protection


It is a decent product from the house of Nivea, if you don’t mind a bit of skin darkening and chemicals then you must definitely go for it. I give it a 3 out of 5.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment